The Temple’s Residency Program is an opportunity for previous Temple guests who are looking to continue their work with ayahuasca, would like to spend a longer period of time at the Temple, and have a strong call to be in service. This program offers selected guests the opportunity to attend weekly ayahuasca ceremonies over approximately 3 months and to support our pioneering medicine community.
Your main responsibility would be helping us to fill important roles supporting the smooth running of our programs by taking on one or a combination of the following roles:
These three roles are key to the smooth running of workshops and you may be assigned to one or more of these roles during your work exchange period.
The bridge between our kitchens and guests ensuring that all guests are supported and well attended to during meal times. Prior experience working in a restaurant or food service industry is a plus. Spanish speakers are highly preferred.
The bridge between the healers and guests when plant remedies are being given out. Spanish speakers are highly preferred.
A vital role in supporting facilitators and guests during ceremony, offering overall support for facilitators, and ensuring the malokas are prepared for meetings and ceremonies.
Depending on the skills you are offering and our current needs, you may also be required to fulfill a combination of the above roles and a role within your specific skill-set. This will be discussed upon your arrival. We are currently considering applications from people with professional training and/or teaching experience in:
- Online communication/blogging/content writing
- Videography and video editing
Please note that there is no guarantee that you would be offering your skill while on the Residency Program. Our main focus is seeking people to cover the support roles and to assist retreat staff.
- Weekly ayahuasca ceremonies
- Weekly sharing circles, post-ceremony
- Healing services from the healers including consultations, floral baths, steam baths, and vomitivos
- The opportunity to attend a variety of classes in a number of alternative healing modalities offered in our Deep Immersion Center, such as yoga, guided meditation, dance, and art therapy
- Private-room accommodations in one of three volunteer accommodation buildings
- 4-6 working hours per day (may be less if you are helping with physical labor or more if helping with service duties/special skill activities)
- 6 days off per month
- All food and drink
- Transport to and from the Temple and Iquitos
- One trip to Iquitos each month to connect with family and friends
Residency Program: US$ 1,800
|Deposit||US$ 900 Due upon acceptance|
|Final Installment||US$ 900 Due 6 weeks before the program begins|
Paying your program cost in installments is for your convenience only. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon acceptance.
Terms and Advice
- We accept payments via credit card and PayPal. Credit card payments are via a link we will send you upon acceptance into the program. If you select to pay via PayPal, we will issue you an invoice after you are accepted.
- We offer you the option of paying a deposit of at least 50% of the program cost to confirm your registration. You can also pay the full workshop cost when accepted.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the program to guarantee your space is held. If you made a deposit with a credit card, we will charge that card automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Payments are only refundable provided we have a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the start of a program. Any refunds given will occur a USD 100.- administration fee. You may transfer your payment(s) to a different retreat or another participant, provided said participant has been approved to attend a workshop and that it is a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- If original payment was made with a credit card, any refund will be credited back to the card originally charged. We are only able to refund via PayPal for other forms of payment.
- For cancellations within 8 weeks of the start of a program, payments will only be refunded, credited to a future date, or transferred to another participant if we can fill your place in the program. We will try our best to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance for any cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances. Squaremouth is an insurance service we can suggest that can cover not only retreat costs but the possibility to recover airfare costs too.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & INFORMATION:
The Residency Program is open to PREVIOUS TEMPLE GUESTS by application only.
Applications from those who have not been to the Temple will NOT be considered for this program.
Space is limited to 3 residents per program.
We will review all applications for each Residency Program all at once 1.5 months prior to the start of the program, and will be in touch with applicants via email in the 2 weeks following.
|October 1 - December 22, 2018||Register now|
Please be prepared for high humidity, strong sun, seasonal bugs, hard work, and occasionally carrying heavy objects.
If you decide that you would like to leave the program before your due departure date, it is important to note that we will not refund any of your program fee. We allocate our overheads (food, staff, and accommodation) and develop work schedules based on the numbers of participants for each month. Early departures create vacancies that we cannot fill at the last minute and creates disruptions in our work schedule, which is why we ask for a full commitment to the duration of the Residency and cannot offer refunds.
We have a lot of work to do! This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking project and heal with the medicinal plants and Shipibo healers of the Amazon while supporting a socially responsible, purpose driven organization focused on environmental regeneration and conscious evolution.