The Temple’s Residency Program is an opportunity for previous Temple guests who are looking to continue their work with ayahuasca, would like to spend a longer period of time at the Temple, and have a strong call to be in service. This program offers selected guests the opportunity to attend 4 ayahuasca ceremonies per month and to support our pioneering medicine community. The main responsibility of a Resident is to assist in the vital role of Kitchen Link, supporting the smooth running of our programs.
The Role of Kitchen Link:
As a Kitchen Link, it is your responsibility to ensure that everybody is happy and well looked after in their tambos and dining hall at all times. Amongst many tasks, you will be keeping track of who has eaten and who hasn’t, which guests and staff are vegetarian, vegan, allergic to gluten, nuts, etc., and for making sure that the dining hall looks and feels clean and welcoming at all times. You will also be the mediator of all communication between the guests and the kitchen and maintenance staff. In every moment, from arrival to departure, we are committed to creating an experience of being safe, respected, and loved for our guests, in which this is a vital role!
Spanish speakers are strongly preferred as many of our kitchen and maintenance staff speaks Spanish.
Depending on your background and skillset, there may be a possibility for you to teach a class on occasion in Center 2. The class needs to be approved by a facilitator, and a facilitator and/or teacher will be joining the class. This serves as a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to lead a group if this is something that would interest you in the future. This will be discussed upon your arrival. Please note that there is no guarantee that you would be offering your skill while on the Residency Program. Our main focus is seeking people to support as a Kitchen Link.
We have a current interest in those with professional training and/or teaching experience in:
- Online communication, blogging, or content writing
- Videography and video editing
Please also note, we have staff trainings and workshops a few times each year. If one of our trainings occurs during your program, you will not be able to participate but you are very welcome to stay onsite for the duration.
- Four ayahuasca ceremonies per month
- Sharing circles post-ceremony
- Healing treatments including consultations, floral baths, steam baths, and vomitivos
- The opportunity to attend a variety of classes in a number of alternative healing modalities offered in our Deep Immersion Retreat, such as yoga, meditation, dance, and art therapy
- Private-room accommodation
- Roughly 4-6 working hours per day
- 6 days off per month
- All food and drink
- Transportation for one trip to & from Iquitos each month to connect with family and friends
The cost of each Residency Program varies depending on the duration of the program.
|January 5th Residency Program:||US$ 1,950|
|March 30th Residency Program:||US$ 1,950|
|June 22nd Residency Program:||US$ 1,950|
|September 14th Residency Program:||US$ 2,400|
The program cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of acceptance into the program in order to confirm your space.
PLEASE NOTE: Refunds for cancellations will not be issued for this program. Those who participate in this program serve in a role that is vital to the smooth operation of our retreats, and it is very challenging for us to find replacements for residents due to cancellation. Please be sure of your commitment prior to submitting your application.
Terms and Advice
- We accept payments via credit card and PayPal. Credit card payments are made during the online booking process. If you select to pay via PayPal, we will issue you an invoice after your medical questionnaire has been approved. If you have made a credit card payment and you are not approved to attend the retreat, your payment will be fully refunded immediately.
- We offer you the option of paying a minimum 50% deposit of your program cost to confirm your reservation. You may also pay the full retreat cost when booking.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the retreat to guarantee your space. If you made a deposit with a credit card, we will charge that card automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the retreat.
- Payments are only refundable provided we have a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the start of the retreat. Any refunds given will occur a USD $100 cancellation fee. You may transfer to a different retreat at no cost or transfer your payment(s) to another participant, provided said participant has been approved to attend a retreat and it is a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of your retreat.
- If the original payment was made with a credit card, any refund will be credited back to the card that was originally charged. We are only able to refund via PayPal for other forms of payment.
- For cancellations within 8 weeks of the start of a workshop, payments will only be refunded, credited to a future date, or transferred to another participant if we can fill your place in the retreat. We will try our best to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance for any cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances. Squaremouth is an insurance service we can suggest that can cover not only retreat costs but the possibility to recover airfare costs too.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & INFORMATION:
The Residency Program is open to PREVIOUS TEMPLE GUESTS by application only. Applications from those who have not been to the Temple will not be considered for this program. Space is limited to 3 residents per program.
The program cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of acceptance into the program in order to confirm your space. Refunds for cancellations will not be issued for this program. Those who participate in this program serve in a role that is vital to the smooth operation of our retreats, and it is very challenging for us to find replacements for residents due to cancellation. Please be sure of your commitment prior to submitting your application.
We will review all applications for each Residency Program at once 2 months prior to the start of each program and will be in touch with applicants via email in the 2 weeks following.
January 5th Residency Program: November 8th
March 30th Residency Program: January 30th
June 22nd Residency Program: April 22nd
September 14th Residency Program: July 14th
Please be prepared for high humidity, strong sun, seasonal bugs, hard work, and occasionally carrying heavy objects.
If you decide that you would like to leave the program before your due departure date, it is important to note that we will not refund any of your program fee. We allocate our overheads (food, staff, and accommodation) and develop work schedules based on the numbers of participants for each month. Early departures create vacancies that we cannot fill at the last minute and creates disruptions in our work schedule, which is why we ask for a full commitment to the duration of the Residency and cannot offer refunds.
We have a lot of work to do! This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking project and heal with the medicinal plants and Shipibo healers of the Amazon while supporting a socially responsible, purpose driven organization focused on environmental regeneration and conscious evolution.