This program offers selected guests the opportunity to attend 4 ayahuasca ceremonies per month and to support our pioneering medicine community. The main responsibility of a Resident is to assist in the vital role of Kitchen Link, supporting the smooth running of our programs.
As a Kitchen Link, it is your responsibility to ensure that our guests are happy, and well looked after in their accommodation and in the dining hall at all times. Amongst many tasks, you will be keeping track of who has eaten and who hasn’t, which guests and staff are vegetarian, vegan, allergic to gluten, nuts, etc., and for making sure that the dining hall looks and feels clean and welcoming at all times.
You will also be the bridge between the guests and the kitchen and maintenance staff. In every moment, from arrival to departure, we are committed to our guests having the experience of feeling safe, respected, and very well taken care of – this is a vital role!
Spanish speakers are strongly preferred as many of our kitchen and maintenance staff only speak Spanish.
What's Included & Cost
Cost of the Temple Residency Program
All programs through Oct 20, 2024 (3 months duration): USD $2750
Oct 24, 2024 – Jan 8, 2025 (2.5 months): USD $2330
50% Deposit: Due within 24 hours of approval into the retreat to confirm a space
Final Payment: Due 6 weeks before the retreat starts
We require a minimum 50% deposit of your program cost to confirm your reservation. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon approval to attend the retreat.
- Four ayahuasca ceremonies per month
- Sharing circles post-ceremony
- Healing treatments including consultations, floral baths, steam baths, and vomitivos
- The opportunity to attend pre ceremony and occasional daytime yoga classes
- Private-room accommodation
- Roughly 4-6 working hours per day
- 8 days off per month
- All food and drink
- Transportation for 2 trips to & from Iquitos each month to spend a few days in town
Important Terms and Advice
- All payments are non-refundable and payments are not transferrable for this program.
- Those who participate in this program serve in a role that is vital to the smooth operation of our retreats, and it is very challenging for us to find replacements for residents due to cancelation. Please be sure of your commitment prior to submitting your application.
- We will send you a link to pay via credit card after you have been approved to attend the program. A deposit or full payment must be made within 24 hours of approval to attend the program in order to confirm your space, or your space will be released.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the program to guarantee your space. Your credit card will be charged automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- If we are forced to cancel any programs as a result of the pandemic situation or international travel restrictions, all payments will be either transferred to personal credit to be used for a future program at a later date (with no expiration date), or you may move to a different program at that time.
- We strongly recommend all guests purchase flight and travel insurance to cover all contingencies and nonrefundable deposits and expenses.
The Residency Program is open to PREVIOUS TEMPLE GUESTS by application only.
Applications from those who have not been to the Temple will not be considered for this program. Space is limited to 2 residents per program.
We begin reviewing applications starting 3 months before the Residency start date and we select and confirm participants by 2 months before the start date at the latest.
Those who participate in this program serve in a role that is vital to the smooth operation of our retreats, and it is very challenging for us to find replacements for residents due to cancellation. Please be sure of your commitment prior to submitting your application.
Please be prepared for high humidity, strong sun, seasonal bugs, hard work, and occasionally carrying heavy objects.
Refunds for cancellations cannot be issued for this program.
If you decide that you would like to leave the program before your due departure date, it is important to note that we will not refund any of your program fee.
We allocate our overheads (food, staff, and accommodation) and develop work schedules based on the numbers of participants for each month. Early departures create vacancies that we cannot fill at the last minute and creates disruptions in our work schedule, which is why we ask for a full commitment to the duration of the Residency and cannot offer refunds.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking project and heal with the medicinal plants and Shipibo healers of the Amazon while supporting a socially responsible, purpose driven organization focused on environmental regeneration and conscious evolution.