12-Day Masters Ayahuasca Retreat
At the Temple of the Way of Light, our mission is: Life is Awakened.
In the spirit of radically forwarding that mission, we are bringing together Dr. Gabor Maté and Richard Condon, two masters in their respective fields, with a team of six master Shipibo healers. This very special retreat will be a powerful synthesis of ancient Amazon healing traditions with pioneering ontological inquiry, deep processing, and alignment work.
This ayahuasca retreat is only open to people who work in the healing and helping professions. The intention of this retreat is to both provide healing and to train pioneering professionals who are focused on supporting the healing, transformation, and awakening of their clients, working within the spectrum of medicine and healthcare in the West.
This work is not easy. We will be screening applications and will require you to have already made significant progress in your journey of self-development and spiritual awakening. It should only be considered if you are 100% committed to participating in conversations and ceremonies that will challenge you, push you to uncomfortable places, and ultimately awaken you to a deeper realization of who you are. We make no guarantees about what that will look like; instead we invite you to be willing to explore with us. You will be expertly guided throughout the retreat, with a daytime program of group processes led by Gabor and Richard, and 7 nighttime ceremonies combined with daily healing activities led by a team of 3 female and 3 male Shipibo healers.
Why is This Retreat Important?
After 12 years of working with nearly 7,000 people who have come to the Temple seeking ayahuasca for healing, direction, personal growth, and spiritual development, we’ve seen an incredible number of positive results. And yet, we recognize that for there to be long-term and tangible impact in your everyday life we need to fully understand how to integrate our experiences with ayahuasca. We see the profound potential that a transformed and awakened individual has to impact their families, communities, and beyond. And so, we are committed to constantly developing and bringing together the very best tools and practices to support you not only during retreats, but once you go home.
“It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society” – J Krishnamurti
We define ayahuasca integration as a plant-assisted process of self-mastery. Throughout this workshop, we will be sharing the most powerful tools we know to help you with the integration process. These tools include both past-based and future-oriented inquiry in order to prepare you to freely – as in unlimited and unrestricted by the past – create a life that is deeply fulfilling, fully expressed, and profoundly meaningful.
We have also observed that no matter much how much trauma resolution and energetic healing work we do, if we don’t transform our views of ourselves and the world around us, or in other words, if we continue to live with views and behaviors that are not aligned with our soul’s calling, our symptoms come back. Our lives are for the most part unconsciously driven by views we hold about ourselves that are a consequence of difficult and traumatic experiences predominantly from our childhoods. Our current environment, including our relationships, jobs, living situation – everything – consistently reflects those views. The work of integration necessarily involves redesigning our lives by transforming our views about ourselves.
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change” – Max Planck
Gabor is a world-renowned physician, speaker, author, public figure, and leading expert in the field of addiction. He is one of the first people to speak widely about the impact of early childhood and developmental trauma on later life health and well-being. He speaks often at psychedelic conferences and events, and is a powerful advocate for the healing potential of these medicines.
“Trauma is not about what happened to you; it’s about what happened inside of you as a result of what happened to you.”
Gabor has been refining his Compassionate Inquiry approach for decades. Over many years, he has also developed a way of bringing group processing to ayahuasca retreat settings. This inquiry-based approach draws on work from attachment theory, developmental neurobiology, somatic-based trauma therapies, non-dual spiritual teachings, and his own clinical observations and expertise. It is particularly well-suited to helping the Western mind integrate the visionary experience by cutting through story, identifying how unconscious conditioning is impacting our experience of the world and ourselves, and tuning in curiously to what the medicine is trying to show us— which will necessarily be beyond the scope of our rational comprehension. He has a famously laser-like ability to get to the heart of an issue, and to compassionately guide people to new and deeper kinds of understanding.
“The Buddha rightly said that ‘With our minds we create the world.’ What he did not say, and what is equally true, is that before we create the world with our minds, the world we are born into creates our minds.”
Much of Gabor’s inquiry work is childhood-focused, informed by both the latest science and his original insights on how early environments shape the developing minds, brains, and personalities of human beings. His leading-edge work and unique approach is focused on clearing the past and getting freed up from what happened— which often leads to the next obvious question: now what?
Richard Condon is a master of ontological inquiry, who after four decades of pioneering transformational work has developed a new access to living a powerful and fulfilling life – what he calls living an Aligned life.
Fundamentally, at the core, this revolutionary process creates a context from which to live your life, recognizing that many of us feel instinctively that there is an underlying intention to why we are living. His work makes room for heart and spirit, and is the best we’ve ever seen at the “future” piece of the puzzle.
At it’s simplest, it is discovering and creating the Fundamental Intention for our life, and then exploring what it takes to live truthfully and powerfully from the declared “North Star” of our lives. The fundamental principles that he works from are that we can invent, design and fulfill our own authentic and heart -based lives and subsequently then act, in thought speech and action, consistently and coherently with what our lives are about.
Richard’s work uses an ontological inquiry-based method which leads you your Original Intent or Calling (what Paul Tillich refers to as the Ultimate Concern). In concert with Gabor’s work, his methodology is focused on empowering you to discover what is it in your life that is moving, meaningful, and inspiring. Calling work offers a powerful practice and set of tools whilst working with ayahuasca and fundamentally, in supporting integration of ayahuasca healing in your life. By connecting to your experience on retreat and committing to the Calling / Alignment practices, you can design your life to be of service to yourself and others.
- A team of 6 Shipibo Healers
- Group size limited to 23 people
- 7 ayahuasca ceremonies over the 12 days
- Intensive focus on alignment, processing, and integration by a masterful team of facilitators
- A cleansing steam bath on the first day of the retreat
- Jain Póiti (flower baths) for cleansing, purifying, and strengthening
- Vomitivos (stomach cleansing) to rid the stomach of some toxins
- All food and drink – a deliciously simple diet suitable for working with medicinal plants & ayahuasca
- Explore the jungle and see medicinal plants in their natural environment
- Group meetings to share and process your experiences
- Accommodation in comfortable tambos spread out throughout the Temple grounds (fully protected with mosquito netting, hammocks for relaxing, and compost toilets)
- Laundry service
- Translation from Shipibo and Spanish into English
- All workshops facilitated in English
- Porters to carry your luggage in and out of the Temple from the pickup location
- All transportation to and from the Temple
What’s not Included:
- Airfares (International and National)
- Airport transportation
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Iquitos
- Peruvian Visa costs for non EEC or USA nationals
- Personal expenses (meals and drinks in Iquitos, etc.)
|Masters Retreat||US$ 3,999|
A portion of the income from our ayahuasca retreats funds critical projects on environmental justice, sustainable development and intercultural education run by our Peruvian NGO, The Chaikuni Institute, partnering with Indigenous People in the Amazon.
|Final Installment||US$ 1,999.50 Due 6 weeks before the retreat starts|
Paying your program cost in installments is for your convenience only. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon booking.
Terms and Advice
- We accept payments via credit card and PayPal. Credit card payments are made during the online booking process. If you select to pay via PayPal, we will issue you an invoice after your medical questionnaire has been approved. If you have made a credit card payment and later learn that you are not cleared to come for a workshop per your medical history, your payment will be fully refunded.
- We offer you the option of paying a deposit of at least 50% of the program cost to confirm your reservation. You can also pay the full workshop cost when booking.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop to guarantee your reservation. If you made a deposit with a credit card, we will charge that card automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- Payments are only refundable provided we have a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the start of a workshop. Any refunds given will occur a USD 100.- administration fee. You may change your workshop reservation to another date at no cost or transfer your payment(s) to another participant, provided said participant has been approved to attend a workshop and that it is a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- If original payment was made with a credit card, any refund will be credited back to the card originally charged. We are only able to refund via PayPal for other forms of payment.
- For cancellations within 8 weeks of the start of a workshop, payments will only be refunded, credited to a future date, or transferred to another participant if we can fill your place in the workshop. We will try our best to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance for any cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances. Squaremouth is an insurance service we can suggest that can cover not only retreat costs but the possibility to recover airfare costs too.
This ayahuasca retreat is only open to people who work in the healing and helping professions.
The intention of this retreat is to both provide healing and to train pioneering professionals who are focused on supporting the healing, transformation, and awakening of their clients, working within the spectrum of medicine and healthcare in the West.
This work is not easy. We will be screening applications and will require you to have already made significant progress in your journey of self-development and spiritual awakening. It should only be considered if you are 100% committed to participating in conversations and ceremonies that will challenge you, push you to uncomfortable places, and ultimately awaken you to a deeper realization of who you are.
To register, please click “Register Now” below and fill in the necessary information on the following pages in order to submit your application. Once you have completed your application and your medical information has been reviewed by our team, we will be in touch with you to confirm your booking. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
All registrations must be made from a computer as we do not have mobile capability for our medical forms at this time.
Please do not book flights or make any travel arrangements until your registration and medical information has been reviewed and you have been approved to attend the retreat.
|June 18 - 29, 2019||Open||Register Now|