Changemakers Deep Healing and Ontological Inquiry Program
This extended program is the result of seven years of experiential development at the Temple to create the ultimate healing program for high impact individuals. This unprecedented program of deep healing, personal mastery, leadership development, and individual transformation is a unique and revolutionary synthesis of Amazonian healing traditions with pioneering ontological inquiry and alignment work.
Matthew Watherston, the founder of the Temple of the Way of Light, with over 16 years of experience working in Amazonian healing, is collaborating with Richard Condon, a maestro of ontological inquiry, with three decades of experience working with over 150,000 people, together with Maestro José Lopez Sanchez and a team of three other Shipibo healers (another male healer and two female healers). This high-level team of healers carries over 100 years of experience working with traditional plant-spirit medicine of the Amazon.
Matthew met Richard in 2017 at one of Richard’s ontological inquiry workshops in the USA and was highly impressed by his work and life-long commitment to supporting people to transform their lives and organizations. Richard visited the Temple in November 2017 where he experienced the Shipibo healing practices for the first time and was deeply impressed. In exchange, Richard began sharing his deep expertise in ontological inquiry with the healers, staff, and guests, and we all saw that the synthesis of the two systems carries revolutionary potential; we experienced how masterful facilitation of ontological inquiry clearly complements the sophisticated ayahuasca healing system of the Shipibo and significantly improves the overall potential for and process of integration.
The Changemakers Program guides participants in preparing for, participating in, and integrating the deep healing and transformational potentials offered by traditional Amazonian medicine combined with ontological inquiry. The program is delivered through three formats; virtual (via zoom), by-distance (remote energy healing), and in-person (at the Temple), to reach into significantly deeper realms than is possible solely through an ayahuasca retreat while also limiting your time away in the Amazon.
Our intention is that you will:
- Experience and learn from the powerful healing / wisdom traditions of the Shipibo. Enabling a reconnection and remembrance of your intimate relationship with the natural kingdom. Shifting from ego-centric tendencies that we have all inherited in the West to eco-centric ways that harness the wisdom of nature to inspire who you are Being, and subsequently, what you bring forth in service to the World.
- Discover and create your Calling as the North Star from/ to which you will align your life. You will complete aspects of your past that need to be completed in order for a new future to emerge that is authentically sourced from your Calling. You will put the intention of your Calling into practice by inventing an initiative that develops and integrates new ways of being consistent with your Calling.
Preparation and Groundwork
- October – Individual Preparation Calls (on Zoom): a 1-hour session with a Temple facilitator to support your preparation process, help to get clear about and set intentions, and answer questions.
- October – Group Call (on Zoom): a 1.5 hour session for the group to connect with each other, meet Matthew, Richard and the program staff, and lay basic building blocks for the ontological inquiry process.
Ayahuasca and Ontological Program in the Amazon
- October 23rd: Arrival & Welcome – Arrive at the Temple around 11am, followed by lunch, welcome activities and an orientation to the Temple grounds, team, and logistics for the onsite retreat.
- October 24th: Ontological & Shamanic Foundations Dialogue – Two 3-hour daytime dialogues which prepare the ontological groundwork for the healing process that lies ahead.
- October 24th to October 31st: Deep Amazonian Healing & Supporting Practices – The focus of these 8 days will be engaging in 6 evening ceremonies guided by four Shipibo shamanic healers and one Shipibo herbalist. Six ayahuasca ceremonies will be complemented by daily traditional healing practices, including plant and vapor baths, plant remedies, and energetic massages. The night time shamanic ceremony will be supported by daytime Ceremony of the Word and various embodiment modalities such as breath work and Yin Yoga. Our approach to dialogue in this phase will allow the healers and plants to work with you with a minimum of spoken intervention. These dialogues will support you with witnessing and reflecting that may clarify and deepen what gets revealed and released throughout the process, and allow you to bookmark certain experiences and insights to return to after completion of the shamanic work.
- November 1st & 2nd : Ontological Integration Dialogues – You will be further supported in bringing aspects of your past that came up over the ceremonies to greater awareness and completion. Completing past eras creates freedom and a bigger opening for your aligned Future to emerge unencumbered by the weight of the past. We will introduce you to a number of fundamental ontological distinctions that empower you in creating alignment in any relationship. You will open a pathway for connecting your Calling to an important initiative you are declaring for yourself as fundamental to the emerging future you are beginning to envision.
- The program unites two different worlds of transformational practices – shamanic and ontological. The ontological work will take place before and after the ayahuasca ceremonies and shamanic treatments.
Integration and Alignment
- Mid November 2023 to Mid February 2024: Ontological Support (via Zoom) – The work continues and often deepens in the weeks and months following the retreat. To support ongoing integration, the program includes three monthly group calls continuing and deepening ontological inquiry with Richard, as well as six individual zoom calls to support integration, subject to your needs following the retreat.
- Mid November 2023 to Mid February 2024: Shamanic Support (by-distance) – Distance healing and energetic alignment continues until the end of the program. Participants are supported by the four Shipibo healers through ongoing ceremonies in the Amazon specifically focused, by-distance, on Changemakers participants.
Optional Surrogate Dieta
- September 21st to October 21st – 1-month Surrogate Dieta (by-distance): The Surrogate Dieta is an uncommon and extraordinary traditional distance healing technique where a healer in the Amazon is working on your energetic body remotely to clean and clear patterns of personal and ancestral trauma. The surrogate essentially assumes your energetic imprint and consumes a specific master plant on your behalf while receiving ikaros from Maestro José in ayahuasca ceremonies. This work reaches into personal and ancestral traumas and clears many layers of dense energies that prepares you for work with ayahuasca at a deeper level when attending the retreat. Two individual calls with a Temple facilitator are included; one before the dieta and one at the end of the dieta. Your selection to participate in a surrogate dieta as part of your program must be made at the time of application and the cost is an additional $2,500. Limited to 11 participants
Community and Connection
- A new circle of close friends and allies will be forged through sharing profound healing experiences in the Amazon Rainforest. From experience, we know many of these relationships are often destined and last a lifetime. We will establish an online group considering personal preferences for ongoing communications, arrange regular virtual catch-ups, and encourage in-person meet-ups in the US, Europe, and elsewhere. While this program offers a longer format than others, for many it is still the beginning of a soul’s path into what we have found to be the most powerful system of healing and awakening available in Amazonian curanderismo (healing).
- This process and its magic unfolds over months and years, and can be cultivated as a deep spiritual practice and path of self-discovery. We are committed to supporting you as you further engage in either or both of these paths of Amazonian medicine and ontological inquiry to deepen your healing journey, awaken to higher levels of consciousness, and elevate your service and impact in the world.
Who is This Program For?
This long-form program is designed for visionaries, entrepreneurs, leaders, and innovators working specifically in the fields of individual & social transformation who already have or demonstrate clear potential for widespread positive impact in the world.
We will carefully select a cohort of twenty-two participants for this program. It is likely that many of the group participants will collaborate together and support each other’s future initiatives following the healing and development that comes from this program. We see the profound potential that a transformed and awakened individual has to impact their clients, colleagues, communities, and beyond, and are committed to supporting you to become that in ways you haven’t yet realized.
This revolutionary program is specifically designed to help you to transcend unconscious high functioning yet compensatory mechanisms of the past, shift into operating at a new octave, and to give you tools to live a life and lead in the world in a way that is truly inspired. Our intention is to provide the conditions for you to significantly elevate your life, bring alignment to your body, heart, mind, and soul, and for you to become a powerful embodiment of your higher potential in serving the greater good.
The Changemakers Program is by application only
Ayahuasca Healing at the Temple
Shipibo plant-spirit healing is a sophisticated, regenerative, and restorative ancestral healthcare system that reaches into the subconscious, psychic, emotional, and energetic roots of trauma, clearing blockages and highlighting limiting views and self-defeating patterns that have disconnected us from our true nature. The healing work we deliver catalyzes a process that offers the opportunity to reclaim and restore your natural, awakened state of being, subject to your level of commitment over the long term (beyond the retreat, for months and years ahead).
During the retreat at the Temple there will be six night-time ayahuasca ceremonies led by our healers, working as a plant-spirit guided medical team. Each brings their particular skills and specialities and provides individualized attention throughout the retreat, specific to your needs. In combination with ayahuasca healing and treatments, there is a course of plant remedies, plant and flower baths, plant vapor baths, and energetic massages during the retreat. Shipibo healers understand that there is a symbiosis and synergy in nature that lies at the core of true healing.
For the Onanyabo, ayahuasca is not simply a psychedelic experience. It is a nexus to a vast number of other plant (spirit) medicines that work together to provide a harmony of healing.
This level of healing creates deep and lasting results that are not attainable by working with psychedelics alone. It takes a full orchestra to create the symphony of healing and to restore our innate connection with the web of all life on the planet. The Shipibo approach to healing is eco-centric, fundamentally carrying the intention to fully reconnect us with life energy and the natural world.
As much as our soils, forests, and oceans need diversity to thrive, healing systems that work with and honor the diversity of nature provide full-spectrum healing. Working with a vast array of forces, elements, and spirits of nature, the Shipibo Onanyabo create the conditions for nature to heal itself – us!
Ontological Inquiry: The Ceremony of the Word
Our focus on ontological inquiry (the study of the nature of Being) will deliver powerful distinctions that create a deeper context to the shamanic healing work. This work and the practices that we will share will support you to develop and maintain alignment in your life after the retreat.
At the end of your life, what do you want to say your life fulfilled?
We ask fundamental questions that highlight unconscious views, beliefs, and compensatory behaviors that have limited what’s possible in our lives. While the ceremony work at night time creates openings to see and clear energetic blockages of trauma, the ontological work will shift the narrative of our life. As a human being living in language, The Ceremony of the Word creates new openings for a newly created future.
One of the most important distinctions we will be working on is the ultimate intent of your life, what we refer to as Calling and what some philosophers and theologians refer to as the Ultimate Concern. We will guide you in discovering and creating your Calling, which is the beginning of living an aligned life and Living True.
The Leading Ayahuasca Healing Center in the Amazon
The Temple has safely facilitated ayahuasca healing for nearly 12,000 people since 2007. We have an exemplary reputation for the level of care and integrity that we bring to every aspect of our work, our stringent safety protocols, and our impact in the Amazon and beyond, with an institutional focus on social responsibility and reciprocity through regenerative agroforestry and permaculture.
We are located in an extraordinarily beautiful jungle setting, two hours from Iquitos, in the Peruvian Amazon. Our grounds have developed for over 14 years, with thousands of medicinal plants, trees, ayahuasca vines, native flowers, and ornamentals growing throughout the grounds, as well as permaculture projects, demonstration agroforestry plots, and our own food production sites.
Following the suspension of all retreats from March 2020, we reopened at the end of August 2021 after carrying out major reformations to our center and infrastructure. We built a new house for our Shipibo team, a new dining room, and an indoor lounge space, and repaired and rebuilt twenty-three guest tambos spread out over the seven hectares of our main centre, all with en-suite flushing toilets and bowl sinks, a hammock, a comfy rattan chair, mosquito netting, and upgraded bed linens, mattresses, towels, and soft furnishings.
We also built a beautiful small chill-out maloka on our lagoon for guests to relax in, installed a new waste system with three biodigesters to more efficiently manage our grey and black waste, and installed two new high-quality water filters for drinking water. Our meals have become legendary over the years, lovingly prepared by our team of three cooks and using as much of our own fruits, vegetables, and local produce as possible – simple and delicious, while adhering to the ayahuasca dieta.
We proudly maintain our firm commitment to keeping our accommodations electricity, AC, and WIFI-free, to ensure that our guests are best supported to unplug from the modern world and experience an immersion into the rhythms and energies of the Amazon Rainforest – connecting to the birthplace of ayahuasca.
Scientifically Validated Healing Outcomes
Between 2015 and 2019, a prospective, observational, non-controlled study took place at the Temple, conducted by ICEERS and the Beckley Foundation. This landmark study demonstrates that ayahuasca healing at the Temple provides highly significant improvements in long term well-being and quality of life, as well as in anxiety, depression, grief, and PTSD.
Unprecedented in psychedelic research, this study shows sustained improvements still measured one year after a retreat at the Temple.
As they continue to publish the results of the research in scientific journals, the study proves to be a giant step forward towards the recognition of Shipibo traditional healing practices as a therapeutic treatment in the greater field of health and healing. Learn more about the research and findings here.
Review from Dr. Gabor Maté
Gabor came to the Temple in 2019 to experience the healing work of the Shipibo Onanyabo and to facilitate daytime workshops with Matthew and Richard. In this video, Gabor candidly shares his personal healing experience and how ontological inquiry also significantly supported his own process.
Having met Buckminster Fuller in his youth, Richard spent a life driven by Bucky’s quote, “How can a single individual make a difference in the world.” His evolution traversed careers in music, restaurants, and nightclubs, leading up to the middle of his life when he asked himself the question, “at the end of my life, what is it that I want to have fulfilled?” The answer was making a difference in people’s lives in a profound way.
This took him through the next 25 years of his life where he led programs for a well-known self-development and transformation company in most major cities in the United States as well as Europe, China, Japan, Thailand, Peru, and India, delivering programs for over 150,000 people. He designed and delivered innovative perspectives on leadership, corporate culture, communication, productivity, teamwork, and elevating performance. Richard’s work with individuals led him to long-term engagements with international and domestic corporations representing various sectors including energy, food and agriculture, retail,financial services, and healthcare. Richard is committed to guiding the creation of new kinds of companies that are committed to embodying and fulfilling heart inspired missions.
As he entered the last act of his life, he became more deeply engaged in Bucky’s question. This has given rise to a deeper exploration of a new access to living, “Living an Aligned Life.” Over the last 7 years, he developed an inquiry into the Fundamental Intention for life and explored what it takes to live and work truthfully and powerfully from this declared North Star. The fundamental principles that he works from are that we can reinvent and fulfill our own authentic and heart-based lives, then align in thought, speech, and action, consistently and coherently with what our lives are truly about. Simply said, “Living True.”
Following his first visit to the Amazon and a life-changing shift in his perspectives after experiencing ayahuasca for the first time, Matthew founded the Temple in January 2007. Since then, he has worked passionately to manifest his vision to build a pioneering Amazonian healing center focused on responsibly facilitating indigenous healing and working in reciprocity with the people of the Amazon and their environment. Over the last 16 years, the Temple has become a flagship model of a plant-medicine based, conscious healthcare business with a strong commitment to social and environmental responsibility in the Amazon and beyond.
Matthew is deeply passionate about Traditional Amazonian Medicine and recognizes its significant potential as a spiritual healthcare system, moving beyond an anthropocentric perspective of medicine to a bio/eco-centric approach that successfully addresses the energetic taproots of the issues we all face during this evolutional turning point, both individually and collectively. He has undergone a profound personal healing journey since arriving in the Amazon, is a long-term apprentice in Shipibo medicine, and is dedicated to ensuring that the ancient medical traditions of the Amazon are honored and respected.
Recognizing the critical importance of reciprocity, Matthew founded two Peruvian non-profit organizations; Alianza Arkana (2011) and Chaikuni Institute (2013), implementing programs in permaculture, regenerative agroforestry, sustainable ayahuasca production, and intercultural education. His lifetime goal is for the Temple to become a university hospital, taking part in the creation of a new paradigm in health care, soul care, and planet care.
Shipibo Plant-Spirit Curanderismo
“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel… humble” – Albert Einstein
We deeply honor and respect the indigenous healing traditions of the Amazon that have evolved over hundreds, maybe even thousands of years and offer the most effective ayahuasca healing experiences possible. We work with some of the most respected, kind-hearted and powerful healers from the Shipibo tribe, who are highly skilled in ayahuasca healing and plant-spirit curanderismo (shamanism) of the Amazon.
Our team of Onanyabo (healers, in Shipibo) have been carefully selected over many years to work at the Temple. They bring a rich healing legacy, time-honored rituals, intricate practices, an expansive cosmology, and a far-reaching ancestral lineage to the healing process. Coming to an ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon, the birthplace and source of the medicine, being supported by the energies, elements, forces, and spirits of the jungle, and guided by the indigenous wisdom keepers of powerful ethnomedical traditions, is the most effective and deepest way to work with ayahuasca.
The Onanyabo’s encyclopedic knowledge of medicinal plants (rao, in Shipibo) of the Amazon Rainforest allows them to heal a huge range of psycho-spiritual, emotional, and physical conditions. Their healing process is focused on cleansing and purifying the energetic field that surrounds us. They identify the source of turmoil, disorder, and disease as stemming from heavy energies (mahua niwe) that are trapped due to personal and ancestral traumas (rate) or toxic energies picked up in our environments.
Traditional Amazonian plant-spirit healing offers an ancient perspective on the modern epidemic of depression, anxiety, and stress; encouraging a revolution in our healthcare systems, and in the way society addresses mental health and the source of disease. We recognize unresolved personal and trans-generational trauma, in all its different manifestations, to be the energetic taproot of all disorder and turmoil, individually and collectively, across the planet. The resolution of trauma leads to completion, wholeness, and connection, and is the most significant mechanism for individual, social, and global transformation.
Although this process is far beyond our understanding of modern healthcare and sits firmly outside the widespread materialistic understanding of reality, the Shipibo’s perspectives on optimal health are radically different. The key to the success of the shamanic healing they provide lies in their experience of working in the inner, non-physical, non-local realms of being. This causal approach challenges the underlying assumptions of the modern biomedical paradigm. As well as focusing on physical and psychological symptoms, they address the non-physical, energetic sources of disorder and disease, moving beyond the assertions of contemporary science and reaching into the realms of the quantum.
The Shipibo are able to achieve such profound spiritual healing by focusing on the following four intentions:
See the disconnect: They open up our energetic systems, look into the biography of our life and that of our ancestors, and diagnose the issues, emotions, thoughts, patterns, and energies that are trapped inside of us. The words of their songs speak to what they see.
Clean and clear: Directed by the spirits of the plants that they have trained with, they clear and clean all that has been trapped in our bodies (from our energetic system, nervous system, endocrine system, hormonal system, bones, blood, muscles, organs, etc.), minds, hearts, and souls. The ikaros and ayahuasca work to disconnect, untangle, liberate, and free us from the pains of the past.
Align: They then restore alignment between our body, mind, heart, and soul, repairing our energetic architecture and restoring the flow of positive energy from our body to our soul.
Reconnecting & Awakening: The final songs work to reconnect us with nature itself, to our True Nature and to Ani Neté – the Universe / Great Mind / Source of Being, which existed before the traumas disconnected us from the truth of Being.
Ontological Inquiry – The Ceremony of the Word
In alignment and in concert with the Shipibo intentions, our ontological inquiry work during the daytime focuses on these same four areas:
See the Disconnect: We unmask and distinguish how you got to be the way you are, including inherited thoughts, beliefs, decisions, attitudes – what we call your views.
Clean and Clear: We complete the past, including who you have been and are as an identity.
Align: From the completion of your past, we guide you to create the Ultimate Intention of your life – what you are going to align your life to. We name this your Calling. Your Ultimate Intention is infinite and if we are to truly transform, we are going to have to take care of this concern on the finite plane.
Reconnecting & Awakening: Your Calling is a source code – an articulation in Word that interfaces with Source; an innate and primordial call to remember, reclaim, and consciously reconnect with the source of Being. We give you the tools, principles, and distinctions that allow you to Live True to your Calling, a continuing process of staying connected.
This work gives you a context for your life, and specifically, a context for working with ayahuasca. We carry out this process with the whole group, and together we will inquire into what you are living for, and what’s in the way of you living that.
This is a high-level and rigorous program delivered by true experts in deep healing. The process encourages you to embrace uncomfortable experiences – this is where the alchemy of transformation begins – and should only be considered by those who are 100% committed to participating in high-level processes, conversations, and ceremonies that will challenge you.
We make no guarantees about what that will look like – instead, we invite you to be willing to explore yourself with us and open yourself to what at first may be unseen and even unimaginable.
Integration – Becoming Whole and Complete
After working with thousands of people who have come to the Temple seeking ayahuasca for healing, direction, personal growth, and spiritual development, we’ve seen an incredible amount of positive results.
And yet, we recognize that for there to be a long-term and tangible impact in our everyday life we need to fully understand how to integrate our experiences with ayahuasca. Life ultimately becomes the ceremony.
No matter how much energetic healing work we do, if we don’t take responsibility for transforming the negative views of ourselves and the world around us (or in other words, if we continue to live with views and behaviors that are not aligned with our Soul’s Calling in life) misalignment and turmoil will return to our lives. This program prepares the groundwork for a profound transformation of your views.
All of the daytime work we will be doing in this retreat will give you integration tools to re-design the architecture of your life and provide a pathway to create a life filled with inspiration, connection, and meaning after leaving the Temple. Staying connected to the breakthroughs, insights, and revelations received while working with ayahuasca in the Amazon once we go home is often challenging.
Integration, or the process of bringing our experiences with the medicine into our lives, is critical after working with ayahuasca. If we consider ayahuasca ceremonies as the classroom, then integration is the homework – the work to get home.
We will share the most powerful tools we know to help you with the integration process, which will continue for many months, even years after the experience in the Amazon. These tools include both past-based and future-oriented inquiry to prepare you to safely re-experience trapped emotions as they surface, bring awareness to unconscious patterns, and freely create a fully expressed, profoundly meaningful, and deeply fulfilling life that is unlimited and unrestricted by the past.
Ontological Alignment work is the single most effective approach that we have found to support the integration of your experience in the Amazon, providing practices that help you to bring what you have learned through working with ayahuasca back into your lives, transcending the pain and narratives of the past, and awakening to inspired new perspectives and possibilities.
Preparation and Groundwork – October, 2023:
- An individual preparation call that includes intention setting, coaching, and laying the groundwork (via Zoom)
- A group call with the Changemakers Program team and participants (via Zoom)
- Opportunity to include a 1-month surrogate dieta as part of your program for an additional $2,500 (by-distance)
- Required 1 month of dietary restrictions for all participants
Ayahuasca Healing at the Temple – Oct 23rd to Nov 3rd, 2023:
- A high ratio of healers to guests – 4 healers per retreat
- Group size limited to 22 people
- 6 ayahuasca ceremonies over the 12-day retreat
- Intensive focus on alignment, processing, and integration by an experienced team of facilitators
- Group meetings to share and process your experiences
- A cleansing steam bath on the first day of the retreat
- Jain Póiti (flower baths) for cleansing, purifying, and strengthening
- All food and drink – a deliciously simple diet suitable for working with medicinal plants & ayahuasca
- Explore the jungle and see medicinal plants in their natural environment
- Accommodation in comfortable tambos spread out throughout the Temple grounds (fully protected with mosquito netting, eco-friendly flush toilets and waste systems, running water, and hammocks)
- Laundry service
- Translation from Shipibo and Spanish into English
- All workshops facilitated in English
- Porters to carry your luggage in and out of the Temple from the pickup location
- All transportation to and from the Temple
Ontological Inquiry at the Temple:
- Sharing powerful ontological distinctions and inquiry, before and after shamanic treatment / ayahuasca ceremonies, to support your ongoing healing and integration process , as well as then focusing individually and, as a cohort, collectively to support you to ‘create the emerging future’.
Integration Support – Mid Nov 2023 to Mid Feb, 2024:
- Six individual calls with a Temple facilitator, highly experienced in supporting integration, subject to your needs (via Zoom)
Ongoing Ontological Inquiry and Development of Life Blueprint – Mid Nov 2023 to Mid Feb 2024:
- Three monthly group calls continuing and deepening ontological inquiry with Richard (via Zoom)
Ongoing Shamanic Support – Mid Nov 2023 to Mid Feb 2024:
- Energetic alignment, when necessary, from Maestro Jose (by-distance)
What’s not Included:
- Airfares (International and National)
- Airport transportation
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Iquitos
- Peruvian Visa costs for non EEC or USA nationals
- Personal expenses (meals and drinks in Iquitos, etc.)
Optional Program add-on: A Distance Healing Surrogate Dieta
To deepen your healing experience, we are offering participants of this program the opportunity to take part in a surrogate dieta with Maestro Jose and his healing team for an additional $2,500. This option is limited to 11 participants.
The challenges presented by 2020 have opened a unique opportunity to restore a foundational aspect of ancestral Shipibo healing. This method of healing is in essence a reclamation of ancient Shipibo ways where high-level healers would work on their patients through surrogates before working with them directly.
This is a practice that master healers can develop over many decades of communion with plants and guidance from their own teachers. It requires a considerable amount of training, concentration, and commitment, both from the healer and the surrogate who is carrying out the dieta on behalf of the patient.
Traditionally, in the Shipibo rainforest communities, the patients did not drink ayahuasca initially when they were receiving treatment from a healer. The healer would drink ayahuasca in order to be able to identify the issues that were presented in the patient, enabling the healer to identify and clear trapped energies, blocked emotions, energetic imbalances and misalignments, and imprints from ancestral traumas.
The Shipibo healing system moves significantly outside of the box of the western, biomedical understanding of healthcare, as Shipibo healers work in the non-physical realms and focus on energetic issues. Surrogate dietas offer an opportunity for deep and powerful healing on mental, emotional, energetic, and soul levels. They also offer you the advantage of continuing to attend to your day to day life responsibilities and receive the work of the maestro while staying at home.
During a surrogate dieta, the surrogate essentially assumes your energetic imprint and consumes a specific master plant on your behalf, while receiving ikaros from Maestro José in regular ayahuasca ceremonies. When in-person ayahuasca ceremonies and plant dietas are carried out, heavy energies are released, which are experienced physically, emotionally and psychologically by the participant. However, during a surrogate dieta, the vast majority of this processing takes place on your behalf by the surrogate.
Clearing the heavier energies and some of the personal and ancestral traumas that we all carry before working with ayahuasca can elevate your experience, open your vision, and enhance your ability to focus on finer and lighter frequencies.
The Ancestral Art of Distance Healing
The surrogate dedicates their attention and energies to being a vessel for healing for the person they are representing. During the surrogate dieta, the surrogate experiences the pruebas (tests/challenges) that come with dietas on your behalf. These challenges often come in the form of physical pains, negative emotions (sadness, anger, anxiety), and mental challenges (overthinking, doubts, distrust, apathy).
Due to their training and many years of experience working within shamanic plant-spirit healing, the surrogate allows these experiences to pass through their system and as they are expressed and experienced, they are then subsequently released from your own system.
For some people, this level of deep healing is too challenging to personally process in the initial stages. Therefore, a surrogate dieta is a unique way to receive profound energetic healing without having to travel to the Amazon yourself and endure too many challenges during this critical first phase of cleaning heavy energies. This process is a powerful preparation ahead of attending an ayahuasca retreat at the Temple.
|Program Cost:||$5,500 USD|
|Optional Surrogate Dieta:||$2,500 USD|
Note: Upon application, you will have the opportunity to include a surrogate dieta as part of your program. The additional cost of the surrogate dieta is $2,500 USD. The two-week surrogate dieta will take place remotely (while you are home) and before your Temple retreat.
A portion of the income from our programs funds projects on environmental justice, sustainable development, and intercultural education run by our Peruvian NGO, The Chaikuni Institute, partnering with Indigenous people in the Amazon.
|50% Deposit:||Due within 24 hours of approval|
|Full Payment:||Due 6 weeks before your program|
We require a minimum 50% deposit of your program cost to confirm your space. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon approval into the program.
Important Terms and Advice
- All payments are non-refundable.
- We will send you a link to pay via credit card after you have been approved to attend the program. A deposit or full payment must be made within 24 hours of approval to attend the program in order to confirm your space, or your space will be released.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the program to guarantee your space. Your credit card will be charged automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- If we are forced to cancel any programs as a result of the pandemic situation or international travel restrictions, all payments will be either transferred to personal credit to be used for a future program at a later date (with no expiration date), or you may move to a different program at that time.
- We strongly recommend all guests purchase flight and travel insurance to cover all contingencies and nonrefundable deposits and expenses.
- For cancelations more than 8 weeks prior to the start of a program, you may transfer to a different program or transfer your payment to personal credit to be used for a future program in the next 2 years.
- For cancelations within 8 weeks of the start of a program, you may only transfer to a different program or transfer your payment to personal credit to be used for a future program in the next 2 years if we can fill your place in the program. We almost always have waiting lists and will try our best to do so, however it may be difficult to find someone to replace your space if it is close to the start of the program.
The Changemakers Deep Healing Program is different from other programs the Temple offers and is very unique in its approach. The ontological work and group processing can be intense and is designed to disrupt ways of being and thinking that hinder living an aligned life. Those who participate in this program must be open to new possibilities and new dimensions of thinking, and be fully committed to participating in the calls as well as the daytime sessions during the Temple retreat.
This program is by-application only. We will require you to have already made significant progress on your overall journey of self-development and self-responsibility. You should consider this program only if you are 100% committed to participating in conversations and ceremonies that will push you to uncomfortable places and if you are fully committed to being open to having unconscious views about yourself highlighted in the process. We may request a video call as part of the application process and will be in touch with you regarding your application within 1 week of submission.
- Please click “Register Now” below and fill in the necessary information on the following pages in order to submit your application. NOTE: All applications must be completed from a computer as we do not have mobile phone capability for our medical forms at this time.
- Once you have completed your application and your medical information has been reviewed by our team, we will email regarding your acceptance into the program. If you are approved to attend, your 50% deposit or full payment will be due within 24 hours to confirm your space in the program. Please check your email regularly as we may be in touch with you if we have any questions.
If you have any questions for us, please contact us at [email protected].
NOTE: Please do not book flights or make any travel arrangements until your application and medical information has been reviewed and you have been approved to attend.
If we are forced to cancel any programs as a result of the changing global situation or international travel restrictions, all registration payments will be either transferred to personal credit to be used for a future program at a later date (within 3 years), or you may move to a different program at that time.