Alignment Intensive 9-Day Ayahuasca Retreat
Our mission at the Temple of the Way of Light is deep healing and spiritual awakening. Continuing with our commitment to constantly evolve and improve our work, in May 2018 we will be offering a very special new 9-day retreat – our Alignment Intensive Ayahuasca Retreat – that will bring together a synthesis of the ancient healing traditions of the Amazon with pioneering self-inquiry, deep processing, and alignment work.
At the end of your life, what do you want to say you lived for? This retreat – the first of its kind – is specifically designed to have you be who you came here to be, and give you tools so that you can go back into your life and continue to be that for the world.
In May, we are going to be offering, for the very first time, this very special retreat that combines ayahuasca ceremonies and the sophisticated healing work of our Shipibo Maestras and Maestros with a kind of ontological inquiry (meaning inquiry into the nature of your being) that will have you identify your calling or mission for your life, and give you tools for ayahuasca integration and to design your life so that it is aligned with that calling.
For this work, we will have Richard Condon, a ‘Maestro’ of ontological inquiry with almost 40 years of experience, and Dr. Tanya Kammonnen (formerly Maté), our Integration Director, leading daytime group conversations, and a team of 3 female and 2 male Shipibo healers, supported by 3 resident Temple facilitators, running 5 nighttime ayahuasca ceremonies and a variety of daytime healing activities. Together, Richard and Tanya will help you inquire into your life, using pointed questions that help you discover the answers for yourself.
What are we healing for? What are we living for? We can discover this by getting in touch with a fundamental intention for our life, and then exploring what’s in the way of us living that all the time.
Richard’s Calling or Alignment work brings context to the healing work. This work is not easy. This retreat should only be considered by people who are 100% committed to participating in conversations and ceremonies that will challenge you, push you to uncomfortable places, and ultimately wake you up to who you are. We make no guarantees about what that will look like and we invite you to be willing to explore with us. You will be well-supported throughout the retreat, and the ceremonies and daytimes processes will be guided by highly skilled experts.
Where Does this Retreat Come From?
Richard Condon has been a mentor of Tanya for the past two years; in fact, his work (together with his co-conspirator, Anurag) is one of the main reasons Tanya started working with us at the Temple. After years of study with Dr. Gabor Maté and his unique style of processing and inquiry in the context of ayahuasca retreats, she immediately recognized the potential of bringing these two bodies of work together.
Matthew Watherston, Temple owner and founder, met Richard in 2017 and attended one of his workshops in the USA, and was also highly impressed by the work. He invited Richard to the Temple in November 2017. Richard then experienced Shipibo shamanic healing for the first time, and throughout his stay with us, we were all deeply struck at how complementary his ontological methodology would be in supporting ayahuasca healing, and in significantly improving the overall process of integration.
What continues to inspire and excite us is that the Shipibo approach to healing and the combination of Richard and Tanya’s ontological and processing methodologies both focus on three core aspects:
- Clearing & cleaning the past
- Aligning our energies
- Opening to our path of service & our mission in the world
This retreat has emerged as a result of this collaboration and is the first time that such a powerful syncretic approach to healing and transformation has ever been offered!
This new approach to working with and integrating ayahuasca will enable you to learn about the important of intention in life (not just in ceremony), align with your Calling, develop new life architecture to stay connected to the insights, visions, and breakthroughs that are often experienced during ayahuasca healing, and guide you to create a new environment that is conducive to ongoing spiritual development after the retreat.
Internationally recognized for his masterful approach to ontological inquiry, working with both individuals and businesses, Richard presents innovative and inspiring perspectives on how to transform and elevate your life, leadership, teamwork, relationships, and communication, by focusing on the importance of intention and how to align to your heart and soul. For the last 39 years he has worked across Asia, Europe, and North America, leading and managing transformational training programs for nearly 200,000 people.
Richard first experienced working with ayahuasca in 2013 in the USA and was moved by the potential of the medicine. He then came to the Temple in November 2017 and was deeply touched by his experiences with Shipibo shamanic healing. He immediately realized the unique potential of combining his decades of experience in ontological inquiry with the power of Traditional Amazonian Medicine, and is excited to now be developing this pioneering new approach with the Temple.
Dr. Tanya Kammonnen
Tanya has recently uprooted her life in Canada, in an ongoing process of alignment, and has moved to the Amazon. She is now living in the jungle, and is working at the Temple to help train our factilation team in ontological and processing tools. She also leads a variety of ayahuasca retreats each year at the Temple, continues to develop and coordinate the Temple’s Integration Program, and will occasionally be seen outside of Peru at conferences on plant medicines and psychedelic healing.
Trained as a Naturopathic Doctor, Tanya has many years of experience with plant medicines in the Shipibo tradition, and combines her background in the biological sciences and medical training with a deep reverence for the world of plant spirits.
Listen to her latest interview on CBC here.
Ontological Inquiry and Psycho-spiritual Processing
This work gives you a context for your life, and specifically, a context for working with ayahuasca. This work will be done with the whole group, and together we will inquire into what you are living for, and what’s in the way of you living that.
Opening our Path: This is the calling piece. Where the healers work in the dark, in the ceremonies, aligning our energies at a very deep level, our daytime inquiry will help give you language and tools to connect to our path in life, or, who we really are. Being able to put this into language gives us a place to navigate from.
Aligning our Energies: This is the life piece. The healers work very hard to align our energies in ceremony, and if we don’t make changes in our life, this alignment will not last. Our conversations on living an aligned life will give you tools to design your life so that you can maintain this alignment, both at the energetic and practical levels.
Cleaning & Clearing the Past: This is the processing piece. Our pasts, until they are properly cleared, are with us in the present. A lot of the work with ayahuasca, particularly in the Shipibo system, involves cleaning and clearing the residual impacts of things that happened to us in childhood. Where necessary, we will inquire into these memories and experiences so that you can reconnect with yourself. The definition of trauma that we work from is that trauma is not what happened, but the disconnect from yourself that happened as a result of whatever incidents happened. Clearing out whatever is in the way will allow you to stay connected to yourself in day to day life, and the inquiry process will give you tools so that you can continue this work when you go home.
Shipibo Plant-Spirit Shamanism
We deeply honor and respect the indigenous healing traditions of the Amazon that have evolved over thousands of years and offer the most effective ayahuasca healing experiences possible. We work with some of the most respected, kind-hearted and powerful healers (Onanya) from the Shipibo tribe, who are experts in ayahuasca healing and plant-spirit shamanism of the Amazon.
Our team of Onanya have been carefully selected over many years to work on our healing retreats at the Temple. They bring a rich cultural and medicinal legacy, time-honored rituals, intricate practices, an expansive cosmology, an encyclopedic knowledge of medicinal plants of the Amazon and a far-reaching ancestral lineage to the healing process.
In the Shipibo tradition, the healing process is focused on cleansing and purifying the energy field that surrounds us – or niwe in their language – which picks up toxic energies from the environment and the traumatic issues of our past. The Shipibo healers’ encyclopedic knowledge of medicinal plants (rao) of the Amazon Rainforest allows them to heal a huge range of psycho-spiritual, emotional, and sometimes physical conditions. They do this through ancient healing practices involving incredibly beautiful ikaros (songs of the plants), plant and flower baths, intense perfumes, and powerful energetic work.
The incredible mastery of Shipibo healers brings practices that form a sophisticated system of sacred science – a natural, energetically focused, soul-based, and spirit-assisted healthcare system.
Coming to an ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon, the birthplace and source of the medicine, being blessed by the energies and plant spirits of the jungle, and guided by the indigenous wisdom keepers of the rainforest, is the most effective and most powerful way to work with ayahuasca.
Staying connected to the breakthroughs, insights, and revelations received while working with ayahuasca in the Amazon once we go home is a huge challenge. All of the daytime work we will be doing in this retreat will give you integration tools to re-design the architecture of your life and provide a pathway to create a life filled with inspiration, connection, and purpose after leaving the Temple.
Integration, or the process of bringing our experiences with the medicine into our lives, is critical after working with ayahuasca. If we consider ayahuasca ceremonies as the classroom, then integration is the homework – the work to get home.
After over a decade of facilitating ayahuasca healing for over 6,000 guests, we have discovered complementary modalities that serve to deepen the medicine experience, help to center one’s mind and move away from the story and pain of our past, awaken to inspired new perspectives and possibilities, and, most importantly, help bring back into our lives what we learn about ourselves when working with ayahuasca. While ceremonies themselves are profoundly healing, for most people, awakening is not a lasting experience, but something we need to work at to stay connected to. This is the process of integration.
- A high ratio of healers to guests – 5 healers per retreat
- Group size limited to 23 people
- 5 ayahuasca ceremonies over the 9 day retreat
- Intensive focus on alignment, processing, and integration by an experienced team of facilitators
- A cleansing steam bath on the first day of the retreat
- Daily Jain Póiti (banos de florecimento) – cleansing, purifying and strengthening floral baths
- Vomitivos (stomach cleansing) to rid the stomach of some toxins
- All food and drink – a deliciously simple diet suitable for working with medicinal plants & ayahuasca
- Explore the jungle and see medicinal plants in their natural environment
- Group meetings to share and process your experiences
- Accommodation in comfortable tambos spread out throughout the Temple grounds (fully protected with mosquito netting, hammocks for relaxing, and compost toilets)
- Laundry service
- Translation from Shipibo and Spanish into English
- All workshops facilitated in English
- Porters to carry your luggage in and out of the Temple from the pickup location
- All transportation to and from the Temple
What’s not Included:
- Airfares (International and National)
- Airport transportation
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Iquitos
- Peruvian Visa costs for non EEC or USA nationals
- Personal expenses (meals and drinks in Iquitos, etc.)
|Alignment Intensive 9 Day Ayahuasca Retreat||US$ 2,500|
A portion of the income from our ayahuasca retreats funds critical projects on environmental justice, sustainable development and intercultural education run by our Peruvian NGO, The Chaikuni Institute, partnering with Indigenous People in the Amazon.
|Final Installment||US$ 1250 Due 6 weeks before the retreat starts|
Paying your program cost in installments is for your convenience only. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon booking.
Terms and Advice
- We accept payments via credit card and PayPal. Credit card payments are made during the online booking process. If you select to pay via PayPal, we will issue you an invoice after your medical questionnaire has been approved. If you have made a credit card payment and later learn that you are not cleared to come for a workshop per your medical history, your payment will be fully refunded.
- We offer you the option of paying a deposit of at least 50% of the program cost to confirm your reservation. You can also pay the full workshop cost when booking.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop to guarantee your reservation. If you made a deposit with a credit card, we will charge that card automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- Payments are only refundable provided we have a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the start of a workshop. Any refunds given will occur a USD 100.- administration fee. You may change your workshop reservation to another date at no cost or transfer your payment(s) to another participant, provided said participant has been approved to attend a workshop and that it is a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- If original payment was made with a credit card, any refund will be credited back to the card originally charged. We are only able to refund via PayPal for other forms of payment.
- For cancellations within 8 weeks of the start of a workshop, payments will only be refunded, credited to a future date, or transferred to another participant if we can fill your place in the workshop. We will try our best to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance for any cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances. Squaremouth is an insurance service we can suggest that can cover not only retreat costs but the possibility to recover airfare costs too.
Please choose your preferred retreat date below and fill in the necessary information on the following pages in order to make your booking.
All registrations must be made from a computer as we do not have mobile capability for our medical forms at this time.
Once you have completed your booking and your medical information has been reviewed by our team, we will be in touch with you to confirm your booking.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Please do not book flights or make any travel arrangements until your registration and medical information has been reviewed and you have been approved to attend a workshop.
|May 18 - 26, 2018||Almost full||Register now|