3 Month Residency Program
The Temple of Way of Light is excited to announce our new 3-month Residency Program.
This is an opportunity for previous Temple guests who are looking to continue their work with ayahuasca, would like to spend a longer period of time at the Temple, and have a strong call to be in service. This program offers selected guests the opportunity to attend weekly ayahuasca ceremonies over 12 weeks and to support our pioneering medicine community.
Your main responsibility would be helping us to fill important roles supporting the smooth running of our Deep Immersion Ayahuasca Retreats and 12 Day Ayahuasca Retreats, by taking on one or a combination of the following roles:
These three roles are key to the smooth running of workshops and you may be assigned to one or more of these roles during your work exchange period.
Acting as a bridge between the kitchens and guests ensuring that all guests are supported and well attended to during meal times. Prior experience working in a restaurant or food service industry is preferred. Spanish speakers are highly preferred.
The bridge between the healers and guests when plant remedies are being given out. Spanish speakers are highly preferred.
Play a vital role in supporting facilitators and helping guests during ceremony, offeroverall support for facilitators, and ensure the malokas are prepared for meetings and ceremonies.
Depending on the skills you are offering, and our current needs, you may also be required to fulfill a combination of the above roles with a role using your specific skill-set. This would be discussed upon your arrival. We are currently considering applications from people with professional training and/or teaching experience in:
- Online communication/blogging/content writing
- Videography and video editing
- Sustainable building/construction/ carpentry
Please note that there is no guarantee that you would be offering your skill while on the Residency Program. Our main focus is seeking people to cover the support roles and to assist retreat staff.
In specific cases, our 3-Month Residency Program may also function as a bridge for past guests with special skills who are interested in working longer term at the Temple. We would invite you to stay for a 3-month “get to know each other” period, before potentially committing to a longer term paid arrangement.
- Weekly ayahuasca ceremonies (total of 12 ceremonies)
- Weekly sharing circles, post-ceremony
- Healing services from the healers including consultations, floral baths, steam baths, vomitivos, plant remedies (where necessary), etc.
- The opportunity to attend a variety of classes in a number of alternative healing modalities offered in our Deep Immersion Retreat, such as yoga, guided meditation, dance, and art therapy.
- Private-room accommodations in one of three volunteer accommodation buildings
- 4-6 working hours per day (may be less if you are helping with physical labor or more if helping with service duties/special skill activities)
- 6 days off per month
- All food and drink
- Transport to and from the Temple from Iquitos
- One trip to Iquitos each month to connect with family and friends
Three month residency program: US$ 1,800
|Final Installment||US$ 900 Due 6 weeks before the retreat starts|
Paying your program cost in installments is for your convenience only. If you prefer, you may pay in full upon booking.
Terms and Advice
- We accept payments via credit card and PayPal. Credit card payments are made during the online booking process. If you select to pay via PayPal, we will issue you an invoice after your medical questionnaire has been approved. If you have made a credit card payment and later learn that you are not cleared to come for a workshop per your medical history, your payment will be fully refunded.
- We offer you the option of paying a deposit of at least 50% of the program cost to confirm your reservation. You can also pay the full workshop cost when booking.
- Your balance must be paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop to guarantee your reservation. If you made a deposit with a credit card, we will charge that card automatically for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- Payments are only refundable provided we have a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the start of a workshop. Any refunds given will occur a USD 100.- administration fee. You may change your workshop reservation to another date at no cost or transfer your payment(s) to another participant, provided said participant has been approved to attend a workshop and that it is a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- If original payment was made with a credit card, any refund will be credited back to the card originally charged. We are only able to refund via PayPal for other forms of payment.
- For cancellations within 8 weeks of the start of a workshop, payments will only be refunded, credited to a future date, or transferred to another participant if we can fill your place in the workshop. We will try our best to do so.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance for any cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances. Squaremouth is an insurance service we can suggest that can cover not only retreat costs but the possibility to recover airfare costs too.
The Residency Program is open to previous Temple guests by application only.
Space is limited.
All registrations must be made from a computer as we do not have mobile capability for our medical forms at this time.
Please do not book flights or make any travel arrangements until your registration and medical information has been reviewed and you have been approved to attend a workshop.
|January 17 - April 7, 2017||Join waiting list|
Please be prepared for high humidity, strong sun, seasonal bugs, hard work, and occasionally carrying heavy objects.
If you decide that you would like to leave the program before your due departure date, it is important to note that we will not refund any of your program fee. We allocate our overheads (food, staff, and accommodation) and develop work schedules based on the numbers of participants for each month. Early departures create vacancies that we cannot fill at the last minute and creates disruptions in our work schedule, which is why we ask for a 3-month commitment and cannot offer refunds.
We have a lot of work to do! This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking project and heal with the medicinal plants and Shipibo healers of the Amazon while supporting a socially responsible, purpose driven organization focused on environmental regeneration and conscious evolution.